Is the transfer window even open?
Okay, so maybe we were distracted by the World Cup. Maybe we just aren’t as fanatically obsessed by the every rumor of “silly season” as we ought to be. Whatever the case, it’s not until today that we’re posting our ticker to keep track of transfers as they arrive to us.
But at least we have one?
Not Happening: Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern München) to Manchester United
Reports had Manchester United offering €25 million to acquire Boateng from the Bavarian giants, with Bayern countering at twice the amount, but it’s not a fiscal matter that put an end to the world champion becoming a Red Devil.
Mulitple publications reported Tuesday that Boateng contacted United trainer Jose Mourinho by telephone to clarify he was not interested in moving to the legendary English club due to “sporting concerns.”
No doubt Man U haters will be having fun with this one.
CONFIRMED: Isaac Kiese Thelin (RSC Anderlecht) to Bayer Leverkusen 04
You may have read earlier that the Swedish striker was on his way to Newcastle United, but that would be yet another example of how you can never be sure of much of what you read during “silly season.”
Bayer Leverkusen have snagged a one-year loan of Thelin from Anderlecht, reportedly with an option to purchase for €6 million.
Trainer Heiko Herrlich and sporting director Rudi Völler felt the need for an added attacker was urgent due to health issues in the team.
“After the severe injury of Joel Pohjapalo, we intensified our search for a classic striker,” says Völler. ” With Isaac Kiese Thielen, we have gained an attacker who is strong on headed balls.”
CONFIRMED: Claudio Pizarro (1. FC Köln) to SV Werder Bremen
Despite a busy weekend for Werder in which saw newcomer Davy Klaassen join the club and score in his debut and also the decision of Max Kruse to stay put, it was the return of Peruvian legend Claudio Pizarro stealing the spotlight on the Weser.
Though the 39-year-old’s move is accompanied by discussion of his desire to retire in Werder’s green and white, Pizarro is expected to also serve as an influence on the club’s young talent in attack, as well as provide the occasional late-match spark off the bench.
All you really have to say is, “192 goals.”
CONFIRMED: Jonas Meffert (SC Freiburg) to Holstein Kiel
Former Germany youth international Jonas Meffert has moved to the second division, leaving SC Freiburg for Holstein Kiel.
Meffert saw no action in the Bundesliga last season, instead logging 12 matches for Freiburg’s second squad in Regionalliga Südwest, where he managed one goal and one assist. He has 58 matches in the 2. Bundesliga on his resume in service to Karslruher SC, dating back to 2014-25.
CONFIRMED: Maximilian Pronichev (Hertha BSC) to FC Erzgebirge Aue
Looking to further his development, Hertha BSC have loaned the 20-year-old striker Maximilian Pronichev to FC Erzgebirge Aue of the 2. Bundesliga.
“Maxim is an exciting talent,” says BSC sporting director Michael Preeetz. “We believe in his potential, which he showed in the U23s and at the training camp. Now Maxim can take the next step and get game time at the second-highest level of German football.”
In 19 matches for Hertha’s second squad, Pronichev managed 15 goals.
Born in Berlin to former FC Berlin attacker Michael Pronichev, the young talent has two caps for Russia’s U21 squad and signed a professional contract in June.
CONFIRMED: Davy Klaassen (Everton) to Werder Bremen
Having sold Danish midfielder Thomas Delaney to Borussia Dortmund, Werder Bremen have signed Davy Klaassen from Premier League side Everton. The Dutchman struggled to break through at Goodison Park after his €27 million switch from Ajax last season making just three league starts.
The Grün-Weiβen have reportedly paid €13.5 million and tied the 25-year-old to a four-year contract at the Weser Stadion. Mathew Burt has more in Davy Klaassen Looking to Get Back on Track at Werder Bremen.
IN THE WORKS: Yoshinori Muto (1. FSV Mainz 05) to Newcastle United
The Japanese striker has long maintained that a move to England would be the fulfillment of a lifelong dream, and it sounds like he is on the verge of making it come true.
With one year left on his deal in Mainz, Muto is heavily favored to move to Newcastle United for a reported €10.7 million. Though the BBC has reported that the deal has been finalized, Mainz sporting director Rouven Schröder has since clarified that negotiations are still in progress. Even so, Muto will not return to the Bruchweg on Friday.
CONFIRMED: Kassim Adams (Young Boys Bern) to TSG Hoffenheim
TSG Hoffenheim have reportedly sent Young Boys Bern €8 million to acquire the 23-year-old fullback. The Ghanaian international signed a five-year-deal with the club, as well.
CONFIRMED: Bernard Tekpetey (FC Schalke 04) to SC Paderborn
Following a midseason loan to Austrian first-division side SC Rheindorf Altach, FC Schalke 04 have sold 20-year-old Ghanaian attacker Bernard Tekpetey to SC Paderborn. Tekpetey managed just three Bundeslita minutes for the Royal Blues.
CONFIRMED: Stephen Sama (SpVgg Greuther Fürth) to Heracles Almelo
The 25-year-old defender went on loan to VfL Osnabrück (3. Liga) for the second half of last season and managed 13 appearances.
CONFIRMED: Andre Schürrle (Borussia Dortmund) to Fulham FC
Any chance of André Schürrle and Mario Götze re-enacting their World Cup-winning goal in service to Borussia Dortmund seems to now have passed, as the man who provided the lone assist in the 2014 final against Argentina has transferred to Fulham FC for his second attempt at Premier League glory.
Schürrle left Bayer Leverkusen in 2013 for Chelsea FC, where he managed 11 goals in 44 appearances (including a hat trick at Craven Cottage against Fulham), posting a .56 goals per 90 minutes. In his last two seasons at the BVB, he had been limited to just 33 appearances, largely due to injuries.
Mathew Burt has more on Schürrle’s quest for a place to call home.
— André Schürrle (@Andre_Schuerrle) July 25, 2018
CONFIRMED: Alphonso Davies (Vancouver Whitecaps) to FC Bayern
17-year-old Alphonso Davies set for winter move from Vancouver Whitecaps to FC Bayern Munich in record MLS transfer deal, reportedly €13 million with potential to go as high as €19 million with bonus incentives.
Read more in Mathew Burt’s piece on the deal.
CONFIRMED: Kasim Adams Nuhu (Young Boys) to Hoffenheim
Champions League qualifiers Hoffenheim have announced the long-term signing of Ghanaian defender Kasim Adams Nuhu from Young Boys on a 5-year-contract.
The Kraichgauer will pay a reported €7 million plus add-ons for the 23-year-old, who made 32 appearances for the Swiss champions last season scoring twice. The centre-back has previous European experience with Spanish side Mallorca and was capped for the first time by the Black Stars in October 2017.
CONFIRMED: Allan (Liverpool) to Eintracht Frankfurt
Following a successful trial match, Brazilian midfielder Allan has signed for Eintracht Frankfurt until the end of the season on a loan deal. The 21-year-old has struggled to get a work permit at Liverpool due to the rules on non-EU players so will see out next season with the Adler. It will be the former Internacional player’s second spell in the Bundesliga having played 15 times for Hertha Berlin on loan during the 2016-17 season.
CONFIRMED: Brandon Borrello (FC Kaiserslautern) to SC Freiburg
SC Freiburg have made 22-year-old Australian winger Brandon Borrello their latest summer signing. The right-sided attacker scored three goals and provided eight assists in twenty appearances for FC Kaiserslautern as they were relegated from Bundesliga II last season. A cruciate ligament injury however curtailed his season in April.
“Brandon is a really talented and variable offensive player. He developed after his move from Australia to Germany within a very short time very well,” Freiburg sporting director Klemens Hartenbach told the club’s official website. “We were already in agreement with the player before his injury, so that it was natural for us to stand by our word (and we) will build up Brandon cautiously and look forward to the time he can stand on the field for the sports club.”
CONFIRMED: Dodi Lukebakio (Watford FC) to Fortuna Düsseldorf
Promoted side Fortuna Düsseldorf have confirmed the signing of midfielder Dodi Lukebakio on a season-long loan from English Premier League side Watford. The attacking midfielder was formerly with Anderlecht and Charleroi and has been capped by Belgium at U-21 level and the Democratic Republic of Congo at full international level. He joins Matthias Zimmermann and Marvin Duksch as a new arrival at the Bundesliga II champions.
CONFIRMED: Pablo Insua (FC Schalke 04) to SD Huesca
Schalke defender Pablo Insua has been allowed to join newly promoted La Liga side SD Huesca on a season-long loan. Having joined the Königsblauen last summer from Deportivo La Coruna, the 24-year-old fell ill in September and managed just one Bundesliga appearance last season. The move back to Spain is intended to allow the centre-back to acquire more game time before he returns to the Veltins Arena, where he has a contract until 2021.
“Pablo overcame a difficult period following his pericarditis with extreme courage,” explained sporting director Christian Heidel. “Having fully recovered early in the year, it’s important for his sporting development that he can play as much of a complete season as possible.”
CONFIRMED: Manuel Stiefler (SV Sandhausen) to Karlsruher SC
KSC announced this morning the acquisition of Manuel Stiefler on a free transfer from SV Sandhausen with a contract running into 2020.
If the name sounds familiar, it’s because you saw his goal against St. Pauli earlier this year.
CONFIRMED: Alassane Plea (OGC Nice) to Borussia Mönchengladbach
The Foals announced the signing of French striker Alassanre Plea, with a five-year deal.
Mathew Burt has more on the Plea deal.
Latest posts by Bundesliga Fanatic Staff (see all)
- Bundesliga Fanatic Transfer Ticker – Summer 2018 Edition - August 6, 2018
- Two Great Football Reads for Kiddos—Just in Time for the World Cup - June 14, 2018
- Best Bets for the Remainder of the German Football Season - April 19, 2018