The DFL released the 2016/2017 schedules today for the upcoming Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 seasons. The Bundesliga season kicks off on Friday August 26 when Bayern Munich host Werder Bremen. First division newcomers RB Leipzig will begin life at the top away at Hoffenheim while SC Freiburg mark their return to Germany’s top flight with their MatchDay One away fixture at Hertha Berlin. Last year’s runners-up, Borussia Dortmund, open the season at home against Mainz. Germany’s biggest rivalry, the Revierderby, occurs on MatchDay 9 with Dortmund hosting Schalke, while Dortmund and Bayern Munich have their first meeting of the season on MatchDay 11 at Signal Iduna Park on the weekend of November 18 following an international break.
- Hertha Berlin begins Europa League qualification on July 28
- The Bundesliga 2 season begins on the weekend of August 5th
- Bayern and Dortmund play DFL SuperCup on August 14
- Borussia Mönchengladbach begin Champions League quaiification Aug 16/17
- DFB Pokal first round occurs on weekend of August 19
- Bundesliga season begins on the weekend of August 26
Schedules courtesy of bundesliga de. kicker.de and dfb.de